5 Ways to Celebrate Women's Equality Day
- Host an event to celebrate the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future. Order flowers to brighten up the venue.
- Women can honor the day by registering to vote and participating!
- Join an organization that takes a stand on important issues promoting equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. Be sure to mentor young men and women and encourage them to get involved too.
- Avoid gender stereotyping - talk to boys and girls about stereotyping in video games, music, movies, comics, and TV programs. Counter the many stereotypical gender portrayals kids are exposed to with media portrayals of sensitive men and strong women. Point out realistic portrayals of men and women.
- Treat men and women as equals to ensure that everyone has the same opportunities, rights and obligations in all areas of life.